Vaisala Sanitary OEM Refractometer PR-33-AC – Food & Beverage
for Brix and concentration measurement
Vaisala (formerly K-Patents Process Instruments) Sanitary Refractometer PR-23-A enables accurate in-line Brix and concentration measurements and control in dairy, liquid food and beverage applications as well as in pharmaceutical and biotechnology processes. The 3-A sanitary certified refractometers are ideal for hygienic processing, where in-line monitoring and control can help to improve product quality and reduce costs.
Vaisala Sanitary Compact Refractometer PR-23-AC
For hygienic installations in small pipe line sizes of 2.5 inch and smaller.
Vaisala Sanitary Probe Refractometer PR-23-AP
For hygienic installations in large pipes, tanks, cookers, crystallizers and kettles and for higher temperatures up to 150°C (300 °F).
Vaisala Sanitary Flush Mounted Refractometer PR-23-APP
For hygienic flush mounting installations in cookers, cooling crystallizers and other vessels that have scrapers or mixers.
The measurement range of the refractometer covers the full range of 0-100 Brix. The typical accuracy is ± 0.1 Brix, and the measurement is automatically temperature compensated. Low and high concentration alarms can be configured. Because of the digital sensing technology, even large amounts of suspended solids, bubbles or color changes do not affect the measurement or the accuracy.
Each sensor is provided with a calibration certificate comparing a set of standard liquids to the actual sensor output. The calibration and accuracy can be verified on-site with the certified Refractive Index liquids and Vaisala’s documented procedure.
- Universal calibration of each sensor: All sensors are freely interchangeable.
- Full measurement range Refractive Index (nD) 1.3200 – 1.5300, which corresponds to 0-100 Brix.
- Is 3-A Sanitary and EHEDG certified
- Withstands CIP and SIP cleaning
- Dual connectivity: one transmitter can operate two sensors. A second sensor can be easily integrated later.
- Completely digital system: particles and bubbles do not affect operation or accuracy.
- CORE-optics: no drift, no re-calibration, no mechanical adjustments.
- Ethernet connection and remote panel for data-logging and remote operation.
- Process temperature for compact model: -40°C…130°C (-40°F…266°F), for probe model: 40°C…150°C (-40°F…302°F).
- Fast process temperature measurement by built-in Pt1000 and automatic temperature compensation.
- Easy on-site instrument verification within users’ own quality assurance system with standard Refractive Index liquids.
K-Patents is part of Vaisala’s Industrial Measurements Business Area.
Vaisala, a global leader in weather, environmental, and industrial measurements, has finalized the merger of the K-Patents Group, a pioneer in in-line liquid measurements for industrial applications.
Following the completion of the acquisition, K-Patents Oy and Janesko Oy, K-Patents’ research and development organization, have ceased to exist and operations have moved to Vaisala