Sick Dusthunter SP30
- Accurate dust measurement – independently of gas velocity or particle charge
- Convenient data transmission via Modbus® and analog output directly from the sensor
- Versatile thanks to several configurable measuring ranges
- Two calibration curves for switching with different dust sources
- No external purge air unit required as it is integrated into the device (option)
- High degree of flexibility due to different mounting options
- Low level of expenditure and maintenance work thanks to self-monitoring
The DUSTHUNTER SP30 is a measuring device that reliably detects very low to high dust content. The measurement is based on the forward scattering of light and is independent of the gas velocity and particle charge. The automated monitoring of the zero and reference point ensures a high level of accuracy.
Thanks to its compact design, the DUSTHUNTER SP30 is available as an independent measuring device but also with an integrated purge air unit and MCU control unit for additional functions as an option. The installation is carried out on one side of a duct, whereby several mounting options and probe lengths are available. The measuring device is highly versatile, e.g., for process optimization or intelligent filter diagnostics and monitoring.
- Independent measuring device – with or without MCU control unit
- Automated monitoring of zero and reference point
- Integrated purge air unit as an option
- Installation on one side of a duct
- Rugged and compact structure
- No moving parts in the duct
Fields of applications
- Emission monitoring which does not require permission in industrial systems
- Dust concentration measurements in exhaust gas ducts
- Monitoring of cloth filters for defective filter bags
- Ideal for monitoring electrostatic precipitators
- Dust monitoring in grinding and dosing systems
- Monitoring and regulation of fresh air and exhaust air systems
SICK is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, machine vision, encoders and automatic identification products, systems and services for industrial automation and Industry 4.0 ready applications. With more than 70 years of market technology experience and expertise, 1000 patents, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of process, factory and logistics automation within many industries. SICK AG was founded in 1946, headquartered in Waldkirch, Germany has operations or representation in 65 countries worldwide. In 2009, SICK founded the Canadian subsidiary SICK Ltd. (Canada) and in 2019 will commemorate 10 years of doing business in Canada.