Westech Industrial has teamed up with our partner TMEIC to help you get the most out of your process control products and instrumentation with our latest webinar series.
Webinar Date & Time:
- Thursday, Sept 17, 2020, Presentation -- 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm, Additional Question Time to noon, MDT
Achieving Unity PF with the TMdrive-MVe2 is easy!
Other adjustable speed drives control power factor with capacitor banks. The TMdrive-MVe2 ASD is different. The drive’s input converter is configured with a unique “Active Front End” that uses active switches in place of diode rectifiers. This allows the converter of the ASD to hold unity power factor at its input terminals. The TMdrive-MVe2 goes beyond that and can correct the system Power Factor demands of other nearby utility loads without adding capacitors.
The TMdrive-MVe2 offers:
- Low harmonic footprint below IEEE519 levels, virtually eliminates the need for line-side filters
- Regenerative braking captures wasted energy and feeds it back into the system, lowering energy costs and carbon footprint.
- Reduced parts count makes maintenance easy
- Delivers Unity PF or better
- Dynamic reactive power compensation
- Voltage pulse-width-modulated design
- Manufactured in Katy, Texas
What we will cover:
- TMdrive-MVe2 Active Front End MV ASD
- The purposes of the line-side converter
- Power Factor (PF) benefits
- Case study
- Why is power factor important, and why NOW?
- Issues with low pf, common sources of improving pf and their limitations
Who should attend:
Electrical, mechanical, process, & control engineers, equipment specifiers, E&I technicians, facilities engineers.
We’re committed to advancing drive technology.
The TMdrive-MVe2 Medium Voltage Adjustable Speed drive is designed for a wide range of industrial applications, including centrifugal pumps, fans, compressors, screw compressors, blowers, refiners, mixers, extruders, conveyors, press machines, slurry pipelines, mills, hot gas expanders, and other industrial processes. All of TMEIC's systems are designed and commissioned by application experts.
Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corporation (TMEIC) was formed in 2003 following the merger of the industrial systems departments of Toshiba Corporation and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation. TMEIC manufactures and sells variable frequency drives, motors, photovoltaic inverters, and advanced automation systems for a range of industrial applications. We drive industry.