Fire and Gas System Engineering – Performance Based Methods for the Evaluation of Fire and Gas System Effectiveness
Course Name: Fire and Gas System Engineering – Performance-Based Methods for the Evaluation of Fire and Gas System Effectiveness
Length of Course: One Day, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Course Location: Westech or a Choice of Location
Cost: Call Westech for Details or check the
This 3-days course will provide an understanding of the ISA TR 84.00.07 (technical report) with an emphasis on detection coverage using specialized software tools. The course concepts and techniques will build a solid foundation for future performance-based design activities and complement other good engineering design practices employed for process facilities.
After the course, you will be able to use the Effigy Fire and Gas Mapping toolkit.
The course will focus on using the Effigy software to perform detection coverage and risk analysis for Fire and Gas Systems design. Other topics will include elements of the system lifecycle (FGS Philosophy requirements, zone definition, FGS availability, physical characteristics of the fire and gas hazards, creation of safety requirements specifications, and selection of detection technologies.
All participants receive:
- The course material in printed format
- USB memory sticks containing course material related to Effigy software
- A ‘Using Effigy’ certificate of attendance
- Introduction to FGS Engineering
- Overview of Fire & Gas Hazards
- FGS Lifecycle
- Risk Concepts
- FGS Screening
- FGS Philosophy
- Gas Detector Technology Assessment
- Fire Detector Technology Assessment
- Practical Demonstration of Fire Detection Technologies Zone Definition
- Selecting Performance Targets
- Fully Quantitative Performance Target Selection
- Semi-Quant Performance Target Selection
- Intro to Coverage Assessment
Learn more about our Factory Certified Courses
Interested in setting up a course for your employees? Contact us today about your training requirements and we'll work with you to set up a training session that works with your business needs.