Service Technician - London, ON
Reports To: Service Manager
The Service Technician is part of the Service Department and is responsible for providing customer service and technical support within the assigned geographical territory. The position requires a demonstration of a safe and quality-minded work ethic consistent with the company goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of the products we support.
- Serve existing accounts by analyzing work orders, planning daily travel schedule, investigating complaints, conducting tests and resolving problems.
- Provide on-site technical assistance and training in proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of products.
- Timely completion of all post job and administrative duties including but not limited to customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking.
- Assist customers in scheduling maintenance and workload.
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify training needs.
- Perform all activities in line with the company and our customers Quality Management System and EH&S guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in Company’s quality and safety initiatives.
- Maintain strong customer relationships through a positive, proactive, and professional approach to satisfy any requirements.
- Keep personal tools and diagnostic equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Update personal knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Electrical/Instrumentation/Mechanical Technologist Diploma or traceable extensive work experience.
- Fluent in English.
- 4+ years related work experience with industrial analyzers, process instrumentation, Fire and Gas detection, valves.
- Ability to understand and implement electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Sound judgment, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Excellent mechanical abilities.
- Critical and analytical thinking, with emphasis on troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Ability to accommodate frequent travel, working varying hours, possibly on short notice.
- Good knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to obtain all required Security and Safety Clearances and Certifications.
- Basic Safety Training, H2S and WHMIS certifications are preferred but not required.
- Pre-employment medical examination verifying fit for purpose and/or pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Frequent travel (up to 70%) to client locations for technical assistance. Client site visits may involve less than favourable temperatures and/or environmental conditions.
- This position is subject to on-the-job scheduled, for cause, and random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of our client requirements as well as health & safety policies.
- Driving long hours, up to 12 hours a day.
- Must enable PPE at all times required, on and off-site.
- Occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs) and climbing.