Westech Industrial Ltd. is a leading supplier of analytical instrumentation and process control equipment to a wide variety of industries. Westech is committed to conducting business with the highest level of integrity. Our corporate values identify our goals for service excellence while supporting a people focused team environment that reflects our company spirit and passion for success.
Westech is seeking a full-time, experienced, skilled and highly competent Senior Service Technician to join the Service Team at our London, Ontario facility. The successful candidate is required to reside in or be willing to re-locate to this management area.
As a member of an experienced technical team, the Senior Service Technician will be responsible for providing customer support, repair, preventive and corrective maintenance of process analytical, continuous emission monitoring systems, mechanical equipment and sub-systems used for monitoring process control and emissions equipment.
As the ideal candidate, you are a professional, customer orientated individual who has strong problem-solving skills, technical aptitude. Committed to fostering a safe work environment, you proactively demonstrate Occupational Health & Safety work practices. Able to travel throughout the region, you require a valid driver’s license coupled with a satisfactory driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, service and repair process critical capital equipment to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Interact with customers and co-workers at a professional level.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-tasking team.
- Perform remote, on-site customer services, including installing, troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical and analytical monitoring equipment and related products.
- Calibrate and repair equipment according to specifications.
- Provide technical support to customers via telephone and email.
- Provide multi-level user training.
- Provide detailed documentation and reports upon completion of each assigned job.
- Manufacturing and assembly skills required.
- Ability to use hand/power tools.
- Ability to read/understand and correct mechanical and electrical drawings
- Previous, training, work experience and knowledge of industrial instrumentation, continuous gas analyzers, continuous opacity and flow monitors, gas chromatography would be an asset.
- Degree or Diploma in Technology in a related field (environmental, electronics, chemical).
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 70%, including some nights and weekends.
- Valid driver's license with a suitable vehicle and satisfactory driving record.
- Work in inclement weather conditions (including snow, rain & cold).
- Kneel, crouch and work above shoulders on occasion.
- Work safely from a ladder or lift.
- Ability to travel outside of Canada (valid passport).
- The ability to read and understand electronic schematics and mechanical drawings.
- The ability to configure and repair computer based hardware and software.
- Good communication skills, use of email, calendar, cell phone and voice mail.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Consistent positive and professional attitude.
Westech Industrial Ltd. offers excellent opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility, personal growth and challenge supported by sound leadership and direction. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages as well as a full range of training programs and other development resources.
If you possess the necessary skills and abilities, and you are interested in a career with Westech Industrial Ltd., please apply in confidence stating qualifications and compensation expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward resume with wage expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.