Westech Industrial Ltd. is a leading supplier of analytical instrumentation and process control equipment to a wide variety of industries. Our products include flame and gas detection sensors, process analyzers, valves and measurement control solutions. Westech also manufacturers flame arresters and provides industrial valve servicing.
Westech Industrial is seeking an Industrial Analyzer Service Technician to join our Calgary service team. The successful candidate would report to the service manager and would be responsible for providing our clients with both in-house and on-site technical support/service of our range of industrial analytical products. Frequent travel is expected (up to 70%) to client locations, with the potential for long driving days. Solid computer abilities required, as well as the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
This position requires the demonstration of a safe and quality minded work ethic consistent with Westech’s goals and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of the industrial analytical products we support
- Serve existing accounts by analyzing work orders, planning daily travel schedule, investigating complaints, conducting tests and resolving problems
- Provide on-site technical assistance and training in proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of industrial analytical products
- Timely completion of all post job and administrative duties including but not limited to customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking
- Assist customer in scheduling maintenance and workload
- Review the effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify training needs
- Perform all activities in line with the company and our customers Quality Management System and EH&S guidelines and procedures
- Participate in the Company’s quality and safety initiatives
- Maintain strong customer relationships through a positive, proactive, and professional approach to satisfy any requirements.
- Keep personal tools and diagnostic equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Update personal knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Housekeeping – cleaning maintain and putting tools and equipment away
- Instrumentation Technologist Diploma / Journeyman ticket or comparable trade, with traceable extensive work experience in the field of industrial analyzers.
- Fluent in English
- 4+ years related work experience preferred
- Experience with process instrumentation is required
- Ability to understand and implement electrical and mechanical drawings
- Sound judgment, interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent mechanical abilities
- Critical and analytical thinking, with emphasis on troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to accommodate frequent travel, working varying hours, possibly on short notice
- Good knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to obtain all required Security and Safety Clearances and Certifications
- Basic Safety Training, H2S and WHMIS certifications are preferred but not required
- Pre-employment medical examination verifying fit for purpose and/or pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Please forward resume with wage expectations to email@example.com.