Valve Technician - Burlington, ON
Reports To: Business Development Manager
The Valve Technician is part of the Service Department and is responsible for providing customer service and technical support within the assigned geographical territory and supporting management in meeting the department goals. The position requires a demonstration of safe and quality minded work ethic consistent with the company goals.
Under the direction of the Business Development Manager, Eastern Canada, the Valve Technician is responsible for disassembly, inspection, assembly, and testing of a variety of automated and non-automated valve assemblies. These duties may be part of the repair program, or as part of new assembly, commissioning, and warranty programs. The job also requires the person to exhibit knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic control functionality, operating systems and system design.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of the products we support
- Serve existing accounts by analyzing work orders, planning daily travel schedule, investigating complaints, conducting tests and resolving problems
- Provide on-site technical assistance and training in proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of products
- Perform receipt inspection of various valves and parts being able to verify and match incoming material with customer
- Perform disassembly, repair, assembly and troubleshooting on various types of electric, hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies and ¼ turn valves.
- Must be able to read and interpret various electric and pneumatic drawings, customer specifications and component IOM’s.
- Must understand the functionality and purpose of various electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic Components
- Must understand and be able to apply the principles regarding Pressure Relief devices in ASME Sect I, VIII and the National Board Inspection Code.
- Timely completion of all post job and administrative duties including but not limited to customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking
- Assist customer in scheduling maintenance and workload
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify training needs
- Perform all activities in line with the company and our customers’ Quality Management System and EH&S guidelines and procedures
- Participate in Company’s quality and safety initiatives
- Maintain strong customer relationships through a positive, proactive, and professional approach to satisfy any requirements.
- Keep tools and diagnostic equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Update personal knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Housekeeping – cleaning maintain and putting tools and equipment away
- Electrical/Instrumentation/Mechanical Technologist Diploma or traceable extensive work experience
- Fluent in English
- 1-2 years experience in a pressure relief valve repair facility is mandatory
- Experience with pneumatic/electric valve actuators, control valves and quarter-turn valves would be considered an asset
- Ability to understand and implement electrical and mechanical drawings
- Sound judgment, interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent mechanical abilities
- Critical and analytical thinking, with emphasis on troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to accommodate frequent travel, working varying hours, possibly on short notice
- Good knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to obtain all required Security and Safety Clearances and Certifications
- Must be eligible to travel to the US for training purposes
- Basic Safety Training, H2S and WHMIS certifications are preferred but not required
- Pre-employment medical examination verifying fit for purpose and/or pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- This job is located in the Burlington, ON office with frequent travel to client’s locations for technical assistance.
- This position is also subject to on the job scheduled, for cause, and random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of our service customers and per our health & safety manual and policies.
- Must enable PPE at all times
- Driving long hours (up to 12 hours a day) and lifting up to 50 lbs. may be required (these requirements must comply with the company health and safety policies).